Saturday, June 23, 2012

Parties and Cars

I looked out my window the other day...


And saw a mini car show in my own front yard!  My dad invited over some of his "cobra friends" for a party.


The cars are all Shelby Cobra kit cars.  My dad's friends drove in from as far as CANADA for the annual London Cobra Show.  Conveniently, my dad didn't have to drive that far, as London, Ohio is only 45 minutes(ish) from our house.


It was really funny to see people stop to take pictures.  But, can you blame them?  The cars are quite gorgeous:)



Then, I went to a party at a new vintage store in Dublin called The Alley.  They carry a wide range of vintage clothing, from the 1900s onward.  They even have a pretty impressive selection of steampunk items!


I went to high school with Lauren (left) and Erica (right), but they're a couple years younger than I am. Aren't they the cutest?!  I love dreaming up vintage outfits for them because they can wear all those pretty 24-25 inch circle skirts that I can only drool over.  Not that I can't find circle skirts in my size, because I can, but it just seems that the cutest items are always so tiny!  Sigh. 

Oh, and note the Victorian-clad gentleman behind them!


The corset mannequin and rack.  They had SO MANY CORSETS!  


So, of course, I didn't object when the owner asked if I would like to try one on. And then they put a pink petticoat on me.  And then a polka dot one on top of that.  I felt like a frilly cupcake...not that I really minded.

Because.....as The Alley says.....


"You're Never Too Old To Play Dress Up!"

xx, Alaura



No comments:

Post a Comment